Friday, March 11, 2011

Spray Dirt Basement Sealer

If awake, Lauren Oliver

Well, last night - that is, today - I finished this book at first just going to have it for ten days by Book Tour and I ended up winning by chance.

SYNOPSIS:


Imagine that you just have one day to live what would you do? Who would kiss? How far would you go to get rid of death? Samantha Kingston has everything going for it: is pretty, popular and dating the perfect guy. On Friday 12 February should be an easy day in her life, but it is not: it is the last day. Or rather the last, because Samantha wakes up again and again on the morning of Friday 12 February and relives the same day seven times. until realizes that his hand is making small changes that will lead to huge differences.



PERSONAL OPINION:

The truth is that the book has surprised me because at first I had trouble getting into the story - the main character and friends are filthy, sueperficiales, now, more silly and not born - but as the story goes - at least the main character - is maturing and realizing how false and meaningless his life has been so far.

The boy, Kent, I fell great and I have seemed incredible that it took taaaaaaaanto time to realize that it was much better than her current boyfriend.

Something that has caught much attention is that the book is not a single drain, which is strange because I've read other books by the publisher and if they had SM. SPOILER




What has annoyed me a lot is that the main character included us all in the same breath, as if we were all just as shallow and cruel she has been. And things do not understand. Girl, if you know you're gonna die, enjoy the time with Kent, who not only die but die a virgin! and do not tell me that Kent had not wanted, because nobody believes it.

In the end I cried, it made me think that at any moment we could die and live life wasting. Very unfair that the main character dies and the harpies of her friends death as divine. She was the daughter of his mother unless the small group.

END OF SPOILER

Although initially it costs to enter history by the personality of the girls, is slowly improving and sends an important message: do not waste your life!

SCORE:

Love: 3.5

Action: 4

Characters: 3

Originality: 4


random fragments:

Kent pauses.

- Do you remember what I said then, Sam?

[...]

- You are my hero - say in unison.

0 comments:

Post a Comment